Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I'm PUPO!!! (Pregnant until proven otherwise)

Great news everyone! Dr called this morning to tell us that we were ready for embryo transfer. When we got there, they told us that only 2 out of the 6 embies they tested were chromosomally normal. Apparently, that's actually GOOD. He said they've had times where they had 10 embryos sent off for chromosome testing, and none came back normal! That is why so many women have early miscarriages, usually due to chromosome issues.

So, they asked how many we wanted to transfer. I said both, since we had already discussed transferring up to 3. The dr explained that usually when a chromosome test is done first, they don't transfer more than 1, since the chances of success are so much higher (more than double!). He asked Al and I both if we were ready for twins. He had to tell the embryologist to prepare both embies. Sounded like they were planning on just one.

They even asked us if we wanted to know the gender of both embryos. We declined. Isn't that just crazy, though? It's tempting, for sure. But for now, I'm going to wait a bit. We'll see how my self discipline holds up!

I'm so encouraged and excited. God has really worked everything out perfectly for us on this cycle. Finally, I feel like there is nothing we're missing!

It may be a few weeks before you hear any updates from us. We want to wait until a certain point in the pregnancy to share any results. I promise, as soon as we're ready to share...I'll be posting again!

Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm thinking about PGD if we use my eggs again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO exciting!! Congrats on being PUPO! Come on BFP!

    ReplyDelete