Friday, April 22, 2011

The end of the road

Well everyone, we do not have the best of news, I'm afraid. The dr called today and left me a message regarding my first blood test results, and they were negative. So, we have been told to stop all the meds and call them on Tuesday if we want to talk to the dr.

Throughout this journey, I have never even thought "I'm done", but today I said it out loud. The emotional, physical, and financial toll that it has taken on Al and me is just too much to handle right now. Not to mention, our ENTIRE life has been on hold to work around ivf attempts.

Right now, my mind is saying that I'm going to just live my life for a while, enjoy my husband, maybe travel some. I just can't let another year be spent worrying about trying to have a baby.

I know I'm old, and the window of opportunity is slowly closing, but I just need a break from it all.

We are crushed beyond words. But....we do believe that God has a plan, and that He is looking out for what is best for us, even though it may not feel like this is best right now. We trust that God will get us through this, and lead us in the direction we need to go from here.

If you think of it in the next week or so, please say a prayer or two for us....we could certainly use it! And in that prayer, if you could ask for a miracle for us, that would be great :)

Thank you for your continued love and support! We love each and every one of you!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, Jen :( You and Al will be in my thoughts. **big hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts and prayers
    :-( My heart just breaks for you. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you, Jen. Hope you are doing well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, i am new to the infertility blogs but not to IVF. I read your last 5 posts and can't believe that you can go from such great news to nada. It's so unfair. I, like you am tired of putting my life on hold, tired of the heartache. I feel for ya and pray you find the pease and happiness you need. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete