Saturday, March 12, 2011

Well, here we are two years later...and we're back on the roller coaster :)

We found an ivf dr in NJ that we are going to on April 4th. I started the shots yesterday...I finally feel like we're getting started.

I need to update you on the last couple of years...

God has been good to us. I finally have drs who are willing to listen to me, and found out that I had an autoimmune disease (which is really an overlap of 4 diseases), and I am CONVINCED that's why I miscarried before. God really knows what He's doing, though....if I had carried full term last time, it could have threatened my life and the baby. Now that we know what we're dealing with, it can be worked around.

The new ivf dr is treating me for my blood clotting disorder and my autoimmune disease. Those were the two things I thought might be my problem before, but no dr would listen. So glad we found this doc!

Also, we found out I have a gluten allergy...could be the root of my autoimmune. I've been gluten free for almost 6 months now. After the first month of the diet I ovulated on my own for the first time EVER!

I had my preliminary testing for the ivf last week. Normally, on this scan, they find all kinds of polyps and cysts, and I need surgery...EVERY TIME! I've even had them removed one month, and by the next month, they were back. Well, this time, the dr scanned me, didn't find ANYTHING wrong, and couldn't believe it! It's been a year and a half since my last surgery to remove "stuff". I am convinced this new diet and acupuncture has resolved it all.

I've also been flare free from my autoimmune disease for almost 6 months. I had two minor flares, but I almost think they were triggered by meds I was taking. Being flare free will, of course, be better for mommy and baby(ies) :)

I'll be sure to keep you posted on our progress! Please keep us in your prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment