Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I don't even know where to begin updating you. This last week has been a whirlwind. Friday, May 15th, we had our 2nd ultrasound. The dr didn't say much, just that he didn't see anything, then turned to the ultrasound tech, and asked her to schedule a D & C to remove the baby (sac) on Tuesday. They didn't even show me the ultrasound.

When the tech left the room, I saw the small pictures, and noticed something white inside the black sac that wasn't there last week. When she came back in, I asked her what that was, she said possibly the beginning of the yolk sac, maybe fetal pole, they weren't sure, but nothing like they should be seeing at this point.

They sent us home telling me to stop all meds and injections, which would possibly lead to a miscarriage over the weekend. Even a healthy baby would die at that point, since the only hormones sustaining this pregnancy are from the shots.

Al & I prayed and talked about it, and decided against the D & C. It seems too early. If God ultimately plans for this pregnancy not to work out, HE can end it, I'm not going to make that decision. I continued all meds and injections.

So, we called the dr on Monday and told him our beliefs wouldn't allow us to take the baby, and he agreed to do another ultrasound this upcoming Friday.

Monday afternoon, the nurse called me with the bloodtest results from Friday, and my hormone levels continue to rise, just as they would in a normal pregnancy. She even said "Your gut feeling may be right!". The scary part is that if I had followed their instruction and stopped my meds Friday, it would have killed the baby, even if it was perfectly healthy.

We have also been researching their diagnosis, called a "blighted ovum", and have found that this is frequently misdiagnosed. If you are interested, take a look at the website www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com for HUNDREDS of stories of women in this same situation, who refused a D & C, and have a healthy baby now!!!! God is Good!

In the meantime, I went to my regular OB/GYN's office for a 2nd opinion today. He confirmed the 1st dr's findings. However, he said if my gut feeling is telling me not to end it, I shouldn't. He believes in miracles, and recommends I follow my heart.

So, we are coming to you asking for prayers again. How awesome would it be if they saw a heartbeat on Friday? That would be such a wonderful testimony on how prayer and faith works!

Please know Al & I will be ok if it doesn't work out. We've had 2 practice runs at thinking it was at the end, and we handled it fine. We TRULY believe it's in God's hands. If it doesn't work out, it's for a reason, and we trust that it's for the best. We just want to give Him the opportunity to work a miracle and show all those who know our story that faith can move mountains!!!!!

Keep praying, we'll keep you posted:)

No comments:

Post a Comment